Applications must be submitted by 11:59pm EST on Friday, February 5, 2021.
Criteria for participation in the Parent Artist Residency include:
- Must be the parent or legal guardian of one or more children between the ages of 1 month and 13 years of age
- Must be residents of New York City, living within the 5 boroughs
- Must be working in the field of dance or other movement-based forms
- Artists who will be supported through the Movement Research Artist-in-Residence or Resident Artist programs during this residency period are not eligible to apply.
- Artists must apply as individuals. Movement based artists who are working in an ongoing collaborative or collective structure should contact firstname.lastname@example.org for eligibility consideration on a case-by-case basis.
Please note that at Movement Research, we collect and review submissions via Submittable. The first step of the submission process is to create a Submittable account,or sign into your existing account. When creating an account, you will be asked for your name, your email address, and a password of your choosing.
Individuals for whom access to an internet or wifi enabled device and/or a reliable Internet connection should contact Movement Research at (212) 598-0551 (voice only) for guidance.
For accessibility purposes, the application can be sent as an attachment by email. Acceptable file types: .doc, .docx, .pdf. To receive the full list of application questions send an email to email@example.com. Please note that the deadline for submitting the application as an attachment is the same as the deadline for submitting your application.
About the Parent Artist Residency program
This residency program aims to address the need for flexible and supportive creative arts services for New York City-based parent artists in the field of dance and movement-based art forms. The high cost of childcare in NYC, combined with studio rental costs, are often a barrier preventing parent artists from having time in the studio to produce creative work. Movement Research aims to help address this challenge through the Parent Artist Residency Program.
The 2021 residencies will take place between July 19 and September 3, 2021.
Selected artists will receive 50 hours of rehearsal space, a $500 residency stipend, a childcare stipend in the amount of $1000 and a ten class card for access to Movement Research classes.
Application Review Process
Applications will be reviewed and selected through an independent panel process.
Two (2) artists will be selected to participate in the 2021 the Parent Artist Residency Program. Applications will be reviewed and selected through a panel process.
Artists will be notified of results in early March 2021.